FAQ


1) What are the courses offered at PUMBA?

PUMBA offer three management courses:

  • MBA++
  • MBA-BT
  • MBA-Exec

MBA++ is the flagship 'Full-Time MBA' course of PUMBA.

2) So how exactly is this MBA++ course different from a regular MBA course?

PUMBA follows a trimester pattern for the MBA++ program i.e. the MBA program consist of 6 trimesters over a span of 2 years. The MBA++ program is a unique course offered by PUMBA which, being a University Department is Autonomous. The course is designed keeping in mind the needs of the industry to better prepare the students to the changing industry dynamics. The two +s in MBA++ denote a functional specialization & a sectorial specialization in which the student attains expert knowledge.

The functional specialization is the Major specialization.

The various functional specializations on offer are: Marketing, Finance, Systems, Operations and Human Resources.

The Sectorial Specialization is kind of a Minor specialization.

The sectorial specializations include: Retail, Banking & Insurance, IT/ITeS, and Engineering.

3) What is the admission procedure for the MBA++ course?

There has been a lot of ambiguity regarding MBA admissions for the year 2014.

This year (2014) it has been decided to revert back to the MH-CET for the MBA admissions across the state of Maharashtra. Thus, 65% of the seats will be filled based on MH-CET Scores, while the remaining 35% will be filled based on All-India Entrance exams of CMAT & CAT.

4) What is the intake for the MBA++ program?

Intake for the MBA++ course is of 180.

5) What are the fees charged by PUMBA for the MBA++ program?

Fees charged for the MBA++ program is approx. INR 65,000/- per year (for General category), which comes down to approx. INR 1,30,000/- for the whole MBA program.

6) What have been the cutoffs for the program for the last few years?

The cutoffs for General category are typically around 97%ile in the entrance exam. For previous years cutoffs you can visit DTE website for the last couple of years.

7) Is hostel facility available for PUMBA students ?

PUMBA does not have its separate hostel. The Savitribai Phule Pune University hostels have few seats reserved for PUMBA students. The hostel is available for 10 male and 10 female students of PUMBA every year.